Monday, November 4, 2013

Mandalay Bay Wraps


Turkey, Bacon, Avocado wraps (fondly known by my family as "The Mandalay Bay Wrap") were re-created from a vacation, poolside lunch.

I can't even remember the year, but its been several (possibly 2005), my family and I were on our usual summer getaway vacation at the Mandalay Bay resort in Las Vegas. Before you know it, we're down by the pool and its lunchtime. The call of the delicious smelling burgers filled the air from the poolside grill, but instead of a burger, my mom, brother and I all go for the Avocado and Spinach BLT wraps (I don't even remember what they were called, officially, which is another reason we named them ourselves).

Now we make these tasty wraps at home during the summer or whenever the urge strikes. I haven't worked out any exact measurements, but I can guide you through the ingredients and assembly:

Ingredients

1 Package of large, Spinach Flour Tortillas
Fresh sliced deli turkey
Regular or Applewood Bacon (cooked)
Sliced Swiss cheese

Romaine lettuce, torn up
Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
Avocados, pitted and cubed
Mayonnaise


Directions

1. To make the avocado mayonnaise, pit and cube the avocado into a bowl and smash them up. Mix in a small or desired amount of mayonnaise-- it should be creamy but still at least 60% avocado.

2. On each tortilla, spread a desired amount of the avocado mayonnaise and top with the romaine lettuce and tomato slices. On top of the tomatoes, add the cooked bacon, swiss cheese, and sliced turkey. Roll up the wrap, slice, enjoy.

Serve with your favorite side or enjoy this wrap all on its own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment